The “Kerry” Dress.
This dress is where the journey of The Sustainable Bride began!
“Kerry” is a 1960’s Murray Hamburger and Co. Linen and Lace dream dress. She was made in New York in the 60’s, in the style of the era by this well known bridal and gown maker. One of his bridal gowns from the 50’s has a place in the New York Metropolitan museum. I wore this dress on my own wedding day and I can absolutely speak to the comfort and freedom I had wearing it. I don’t believe it was ever worn before I wore it. What a delight it was to wear something that was older than I was, approximately 50 years old. Isn’t that something!
“Kerry” has impeccable linen, beautiful floral and fern lace detail, a double layered front section, beautiful bauble hem, sleeve and neck detail, fully lined and a delightful bow on the back to tie it all together in a perfect 1960’s style.
- Designer – Murray Hamburger and Co – New York
- Vintage – 1960’s
- Size – small, 6/8
- Waist – 28.5″
- Bust – 32″
- Length – 53″
- Fabric – Linen and Lace
Rental Price €400.00, plus a refundable deposit of €500.00 with damage, lost and theft caveats.
Pick up only. No delivery available.
No alterations to dresses permitted.
Minor flaws to be expected for all vintage and pre loved dresses, which adds to the story and allure of these decades old dresses.
- Photography ; Rubistyle https://www.rubistyle.com/
- Location ; The Arms Hotel, Listowel https://www.listowelarms.com/
- Flowers ; Maura’s Cottage Flowers https://www.maurascottageflowers.ie/
- Foliage ; The Irish Green Guys https://www.irishgreenguys.com/
- Head piece ; Carol Kennelly – Milliner https://carolkennellymillinery.com/
- Jewellery ; Aidi Mac Daibhí – Gold and silver smith https://www.celticjewelry.ie/